Electric bikes should not come as a shocker, lame pun intended, with all the innovation being done today. They are basically bicycles that have electric motors on them. These motors that are powered by batteries then help the cyclist conserve energy since they allow the shifting of power from physical labor to the juice reserved in the battery.
Finding the best electric mountain bike can be a bit of a challenge with all the mountain bikes available in the market today. The best electric mountain bikes use rechargeable batteries, and lighter e-bikes can even travel up to 25 to 32 km/h depending upon the laws and rules set.
|• High-quality grip and traction parts|
• 500 W Electrical Motor
• Removable Battery
4.5 out of 5
|• Large capacity Lithium Battery|
• Industry Aluminium-Alloy Frame
• 21-speed Shimano Gear System
• Ultra-strong wheels
4.2 out of 5
|• Ergonomic design for complete care|
• Disc brakes
• 21-speed transmission gear box
• LED headlamp
3.9 out of 5
|• Easy to use that includes 3 level of assistance|
• Outstanding performance for easy body movement
• 21-speed Shimano gear system
• Upgraded Lithium-ion battery
3.7 out of 5
|• Performance boost (Power Plus incorporated with the folding capabilities)|
• Easy Meter Operation
• Shimano Transmission Gear System
3.2 out of 5
Table of Contents
The real advantages of an e bike MTB are its efficiency, both for cyclist convenience and the miles that can be traveled to. These e-MTBs can breathe a new life to their bicycling experience making it more sporty and adventurous. The best electric mountain bike offers the same health benefits as traditional bicycles, along with financial advantages, being as cost efficient as well. Here are a few things you should look at:
- The purpose, be it a slow short urban commute or a more leisure long travel: An e-MTB is designed for different people, different age groups and different purposes. There are many models in the market, so it is up to one’s personal tastes, purposes and experience, and then commune them to the retailer so that he can give you the right choices to choose between them.
- Kind of drive: There are two main types of drives available; manual drive or the power on demand system and assist system or the pedal-assist. The manual drive is where a rider needs to switch the motor on and off depending on their needs. The assist system just lessens the effort of the cyclist.
- Range: The distance an e-bike travels on one charge is known as the range. Probably the most important thing to look out for. It is always better to buy a e-bike with a bigger range as it usually wears down with time.
There is always a wide selection and range of products these days; we bring you some of the selected products and the best electric mountain bikes reviews of 2017 below.
The Ancheer Power Plus is not only made of aluminium, but is also of heated durable alloy, giving it a strength and durability beyond any other product. It features a 21-speed transmission system, for increased customization. This unique combination lets the bike ride up to the speeds of 25 mph, off-road capabilities and a stealthy and stable steel frame design with a motor operation that is quiet.
This e-bike features a lithium battery with a large capacity, equipped with a smart lithium battery charger, which can easily let one ride to 25-50 kilometres easily, and the easy charge port systems will not let you down when you go near a charging point since it charges quickly and easily. And with the front and rear disc brakes, this e-bike can stop as quickly as ever without any momentum effects, giving the rider a swift and subtle stop. The quick gear shift systems enable one to shift gears as quickly as possible while riding, so one does not need to worry about the shifting being too hard.
- Ergonomic Design: The manufacturers pay a great deal of attention to keep ensuring that the design is as ergonomic as ever and make the parts with complete care.
- Disc Brakes: The front rear disc brakes help one to stop quickly and instantly preventing accidents, while still managing to stop the bikes as subtle, swift and quick as possible.
- 21-speed system: This 21-speed transmission gearbox will help one travel further as required saving the most energy it can.
- LED headlamp: Comes with a LED headlamp, attached in the front, for all the nightly activities and hikes to the camping site.
- Environmental friendly Lithium battery, with a power switch and charging mouth.
- Meter operations included, along with the manual, to operate the meter perfectly and easily.
- Knobby tirtes; help travel along any terrain, without any difficulties.
- With huge speeds, and gears, the battery consumption is high. THe battery drains quickly if ridden at speeds.
Overall Product Rating (OPR): This product gets a rating of 3.9 stars. Not bad, but not the best. This is good for the cyclist looking to have their first electronic mountain bike.
The CX1 progresses on its predecessor’s success, original Power Plus, by adding new and more powerful and performance based features such as a brushless motor, an upgraded lithium-ion battery, a 21-speed gear transmission system and improved stability, durability and reliability. The e-bike MTB has a steel frame, strong disc brakes, powerful fork suspensions and gears that shift with lightning fast transmission; this e-bike offers all the qualities of a premium elite e-bike with the added feature of tri-pedal assist mode. Boasting a better and comfortable design in style and looks than its predecessor, this e-bike features a 19” steel frame.
- Easy to use: The class 1 CX1 pedal assist is fair and easy to use, which starts to kick in as soon as one starts to pedal, and the 250W motor makes travel faster and easier than a standard bicycle. It features three levels of assists, consisting of low, medium and a high setting, that is easy to select from using the handlebar control.
- Incredible performance and comfort: The design made is for comfort and performance of the e-bike. One can lean or incline easily and shift body weight quickly.
- 21-speed Shimano gear system: This 21-speed transmission features a quick-change system, helping one to change gears quickly giving it a huge boost, and the transmission system is quick and subtle so as not to damage the chain and gearbox.
- Upgraded Lithium-ion battery: This new and upgraded battery is easy to remove and charge, which takes 4-6 hours for a full charge with the balance charger, providing one approximately 25-31 miles of travel on a normal rural terrain at the speeds of 15 mph.
- Brushless motor, featuring a no-noise capability making sound as low as possible.
- Kenda tires, one of the best brand tires available for an e-bike MTB.
- Front fork suspensions, to prevent any shocks from braking instantly or from any bumps.
- Minimal assembly time is required after delivery, almost around 5 minutes.
- For an e-bike in this range, this surely boasts many powerful and new upgraded features, but lacks in speed.
- The frame is made of steel, rather aluminum increasing the weight of the e-bike.
Overall Product Rating (OPR): This product gets a 3.75-star rating. I would say this has the average quality found in the markets today.
This Ancheer Folding MTB is equipped with the latest, most advanced and efficient electric charge rate. It also has an advanced lithium-ion technology never seen before in an e-bike. This e-bike is made for increasing the comfort of an e-bike, and has been custom built with focus on both style and performance. Featuring full frontal fork suspension system, made from highly strengthened carbon steel alloy, with the comfort of shock absorptions, this is one of the best bikes available.
- Large capacity Lithium battery: A battery boasting of taking the e-bike of up to 20 mph, packed with a stealthy and fashionable style, supports 25 km/15.5 miles on battery mode, and 50 km/31 miles on assist mode. Comes with a fast charging smart lithium battery charger.
- Industry aluminium-alloy frame: This e-bike adopts the latest aluminium alloy mixed with carbon steel, making it super lightweight, and yet not still lacking the strength of a super durable steel bicycle. This is ultra-durable along with ultra-lightweight, making it reach 20 mph in mere seconds.
- 21-speed Shimano gear system: Featuring a Shimano gear transmission system, this bike can easily go up to 20 mph on a steep slope or on road cycling, while around 10-12 mph on an ascend a hill or a mountain. Moreover, 15-18 mph along normal hiking and trails.
- Ultra-strong wheels: The 26” super heat treated aluminium alloy, lightweight and the ultra-durable 6 spoke wheels, lets the bike support heavy weights while traveling for camping. They also feature anti-slip resistant thick knobby Kenda tires, ideal for snowy or muddy travelling.
- Bright LED headlamp, with a horn present to let one travel at night.
- FOldable, one can easily fold the bike and carry on their backs.
- Shimano transmission system; providers a squeaky clean noiseless transmission while changing gears.
- Disc brakes, allows one to stop it quickly and the shock absorbents help to absorb the momentum shock while braking instantly.
- One is not able to charge the battery separately from the bike.
- The bike is uncomfortable to carry; surely, it is foldable, but not comfortable to carry.
Overall Product Rating (OPR): This product easily gets 4.25 stars from us. This bike receives our silver medal award.
Ancheer Power Plus Folding MTB boasts about its performance which is like the predecessor, the original Power Plus and adds the folding capabilities so that a cyclist can carry it around or store it in the garage easily. This is a cyclocross MTB e-bike with a supportive lithium battery, and one can drive it anywhere including mountain trails, hilly areas, or on suburban and rural roads easily.
- Performance boost: This e-MTB is a hybrid of the original Power Plus incorporated with the folding capabilities.
- Easy Meter operating: One can easily handle the controls and operate the meter accordingly through the handlebars. These include hassle free operation of just pressing a button.
- Shimano Transmission gear system: Boasts the latest Shimano gear system making it inaudible with its noise compression noiseless system. The transmissions give subtle boosts to the bike, without harming the gearbox while changing gears.
- Anti-slip resistant knobby tires, allowing one to travel in rain and mussy areas.
- LED headlamp attached with the bike, allowing one to travel in dark.
- Large capacity lithium-ion battery, capable of giving an output of up to 250 W.
- 3-speed smart meter button, able to change from low assist to high assist modes easily.
- One cannot caharge the battery sparately from the bike.
- One needs to be careful in riding in rain, as the wirings are not completely sealed.
Overall Product Rating (OPR): This product gets an OPR of 3.25 stars which is the worst score for this electric mountain bikes reviews. If not for the uncomfortable seating positioning and texture, and the many safety flaw of the battery not able to charge separately, this could have been one of the best bikes available.
Cryusher Extrabici XF660 is a bike developed to be driven in snowy and hilly areas, with 26” fat tires to support the bike and anti-resistant tires to prevent it from slipping. Now there is no off-season for anyone who has this bike due to its incredibly capable and super versatile design. With this bike, one can drive it in any season, be it rainy summer or the chilly winter. Nothing is going to stop this bike. The flat tires support anti-slip resistance to prevent it from slipping in mud and rain, and allow it to be ridden in snowy areas or hilly and muddy areas and trails easily.
- Improved grip and traction on all terrains: This bike can conquer most of the troublesome terrains, regardless of it being stony, muddy, snowy, or watery. This bike can take you over most terrains easily.
- 500 W powerful electric motor: A powerful battery allowing the bike to travel 30-35 miles under electric power, with speeds of up to 25 mph.
- Removable battery: One can easily remove the bottle shaped battery and charge it separately from the bike. This is one of the best features available from this e-MTB.
- High quality waterproof cables, one can ride this bike without any worries in the rain.
- Battery easily chargeable outside separate from the bike.
- Easy handlebar settings for the assist and operation of the motor.
- 500W powerful batter, able to take one up to 25 mph easily.
- Not much really except for the weight which is natural with the many features of the bike.
Overall Product Rating (OPR): This product easily won our hearts, enough for us to give it 4.5 stars and making this as the top product here. With the capabilities it boasts this product is the top bicycle in this best electric mountain bike 2017 review.